Fort Collins Bike Lending Library is a service that is provided free of charge to the community by as a joint project of BikeFortCollins.org, the Fort Collins Bicycle Coop and the City of Fort Collins FC Bikes.
Check Out a Bike
- Fill out our online signup form. You will either need a valid drivers license, a Passport or other photo identification card.
- Print out the Bike Library User Agreement. Fill out the user agreement, sign it and turn it in at any of the checkout locations. If you are under 18 years of age you will also need a parent to sign the form. A user agreement only needs to be filled out, signed, and turned in one time. After that bikes can be checked out as many times as needed without having to fill out another user agreement.
- Bring your ID to any of the checkout locations. This ID needs to be the same one that you used when you filled out your personal information with. Volunteers will verify your ID with our records and verify that the user agreement has been signed.
- At this point you will be issued a key with a number on it. The number on the key corresponds to the bike number. Bikes are stored outside of their respective checkout locations. Find the bike. Unlock it and use it.
- For your own safety please wear a bicycle helmet at all times when riding a bicycle from our lending library. It is your responsibility to procure a helmet (we may have some loaners available). Helmets can be purchased at any of the bike shops in Fort Collins (see list)
- Fort Collins city regulations stipulate the use of a front mounted light when riding a bicycle at night. Your bike may or may not be provide with a bicycle light for you when you check out our bicycles. If a light is not included with your loaner bike it is your responsibility to procure one.
- Bicycle lights can be purchased at any of the bike shops in town.
- Please familiarize yourself with city and CSU rules and regulations when using a loaner bicycle. If you get a ticket while riding a bicycle in the City of Fort Collins or on the Colorado State University campus the Bicycle Lending Library will not be held liable for the fine.
- Ride at your own risk.
- You are responsible for returning the bicycle in good condition to a designated location.
Check In a Bike
- Lock the bike in a designated bike rack.
- Return the key to the designated checkin location. At some locations after hours drop boxes exist.
- Please report any problems with the bikes to the staff at the checkin location or online via our contact form.
- If a bike is stolen while it is checked out to you please contact the Fort Collins Police at 970-221-6540 or CSU Police at 970-491-6425. Contact the Bike Library via our online contact form.
- If the Bike Library bikes are not returned by the due date the user will be given a limited grace period to turn the bike in. After this period, the Bike Library will contact the police and report the bike as stole